OBJECT CHURCH RESTORATION
LOCATION PARVIS ST-PIERRE - 1180 UCCLE
CLIENT COMMUNE D'UCCLE
PARTNERS KIK - IRPA
The history of the Neoclassical Eglise Saint-Pierre in Uccle, Brussels, involves a number of renowned Belgian architects. Built by Jean-François WINCQZ (1743-1791) on the basis of a preliminary design by Claude FISCO (1736-1825), the church was inaugurated in 1782, extensively transformed in 1884 by Jean BAES (1848-1914) and extended in 1938-50 with a supplementary ‘fourth nave’ by Guillaume-Chrétien VERAART (1872-1951). This explains the rather eclectic character of the building.
The church, listed in 1938, will be restored in two separate phases. Exterior restoration work by ARTER, finished in 2014, included general preliminary work and facade cleaning, followed by the restoration of brick masonry and ornamental elements in Gobertange and Savonnières limestone, grès Lédien sandstone and granite (Petit Granit and pierre bleue de Meuse). Slate roofs were dismantled, reconstructed and provided with new gutters and downpipes.
Interior restoration work, scheduled to start in 2017, will include marble floors, painted stucco and stained glass windows.
© 2020 by ÁRTER Architects
The contents contained in this website are copyright protected.
No person may download, duplicate, reproduce, edit or publish any content contained in whole or in part without prior written permission of ÁRTER Architects.